OPTITHERA helps health providers and health organizations to turn complex genomic data into actionable steps to improve decision, prevention and treatment of T2D and T2D-related complications by providing personalized actionable reports. Our personalized reports and recommendations are based on the most up-to-date and rigorous scientific literature.
Dr. Pavel Hamet and Dr. Johanne Tremblay led the genomic component of several clinical studies including ADVANCE, the largest outcome trial ever performed in patients with type 2 diabetes (T2D).
ADVANCE included over 11 000 T2D individuals recruited in 20 countries. The ADVANCE-ON observational study added another 5 years of observation to ADVANCE, for a total of 10 years of follow-up, Post-Monica, a longitudinal observational study of more than 20 years of cardiovascular outcomes of a representative population of the Czech Republic and Clinpradia, a multicentre study performed in Canada to evaluate the management of albuminuria in patients with diabetes.
Dr. Hamet was a medical director of CART@GENE, organized its SOP of health evaluation in 20 000 subjects in Quebec population. Both Dr. Hamet and Dr. Tremblay participate in DIAGAB (Diabetes Gabon), a study on the genetics of diabetes complications in Sub-Saharan countries as well as PRS construction in QATAR and CHINA diabetic populations.
Our polygenic scores (PRS) are composed of hundreds of validated genomic variants selected from large-scale GWAS meta-analyses of 1.2M individuals and tested by us in 4500 T2D patients of Caucasian origin (other major racial groups will be available soon) with 10 years of clinical data collection of RCT quality and validated in independent cohorts.
• Our PRS include readily accessible demographic and genomic data incorporating geo-ethnic information. All potential risk factors are replaced by their genomic predictors.
• Our PRS outperform widely used clinical scores not only by their superior predictive performance, but mainly by the fact that they predict earlier and do not require the presence of any clinical manifestations or initial outcomes.
• Risk stratification with PRS using artificial intelligence identified patients with increased risk for cardiovascular death in high risk group compared to the rest of the population.
• Clinical utility is demonstrated by 50% reduction of cardiovascular death by intensive blood pressure control in high risk group only.
• United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) patent filed for PRS use to predict risk of complications of diseases and response to therapy
Our team of bioinformaticians & medical experts follow a rigorous process to ensure clinical utility.
You and your patient will receive a confidential, personalized actionable report that explains the genomic test results.
You can then discuss these results with your patient to plan preventive measures like lifestyle modifications or early administration of medication to prevent the onset of diabetes related complications.
Physicians should follow local therapeutic guidelines and avoid unnecessary medication.
Physicians should consider concomitant diseases, family history, physical activity and adjust accordingly.
Physicians should appraise earlier preventive measures, in the form of medical treatment or lifestyle modifications.
Become a Partner / Distributor
Interesting commercial solutions are available to potential distributors right now :